Eastern Area Health Education Center/ Freedom’s Run Fund Grant
Since 2009, Freedom’s Run, through the guidance of Eastern Area Health Education Center, has given over $200,000 directly back to the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia as well as neighboring communities. We have assisted with matching grants to bring the total to almost $400,000.
The central mission of the Eastern Area Health Education Center is service to the community. With that, the mission of these community grants is to promote health and wellness throughout the 9-county service area of the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.
There are two grant cycle each year.
Grant Cycle 1: Grants requests will be accepted April 1st – April 30th, funding will be awarded by June 30th if the request is approved.
Grant Cycle 2: Grant requests will be accepted October 1st – October 31st, funding will be awarded by December 31st if the request is approved.
- Submit completed Grant Request during an open grant cycle.
- Grant request will be reviewed and by approved, denied, or returned for resubmission.
- If request is approved a grant agreement will be sent along with a check to the awardee.
- Awardee is responsible for furnishing a closing Grant Report within 1 year of being awarded their grant. This report will be reviewed and either approved or returned for resubmission.
Review of Requests:
- No grant or possibility of grant shall be reviewed or approved/denied without a Grant Request on file from the requesting organization.
- Priority will be given to requests that have matching funds from some other source contributing to their project.
- Priority will be given to requests that directly affect the 9-county service area of the Eastern Area Health Education Center which includes the following West Virginia counties: Jefferson, Berkeley, Morgan, Hampshire, Grant, Hardy, Tucker, Pendleton, and Mineral.
To learn more about the Grant Process or Submit an application please contact Candus Sutphin at email@example.com.
Click Here for Grant Application
Click Here for Grant Report.
- Eastern Panhandle Indigo Children's Blue Ribbon Recreation Program
- For love of Children's Leaders in Action Program
- Antietam Battlefield's Civil War Day Camp
- James Hite Park Fitness Trail
- North Martinsburg Middle School Trail
- SNAP Double Value Coupon Farm Market Program (in progress)
- T.A. Lowery Elementary School Green House Project
- Potomack Intermediate School Trail
- Tuscarora Elementary School Trail
- Ranson Elementary School Trail
- Driswood Elemntary School Trail
- Canal Towns Partnership
- South Jefferson Elementary School Outdoor Classroom & Trail
- Page Jackson Elementary School Trail
- C&O Canal Classrooms Education Program
- C.W. Shipley Elementary School Fitness Trail
- Shepherdstown Cullison Fitness Park
- Shepherdstown Fire & EMS
- Washington's Way Heritage Alliance
- Jefferson County Deputy Sheriff's Association
- RRCA's Kids Run the Nation
- Mended Little Hearts of the Shenandoah Valley
- Shepherdstown Elementary School
- Girls on the Run of the Shenandoah Valley
- Jefferson Art Council's Art in the Park
- Hedgesville High School Boosters & Track
- Elkins Middle School Field Trip to Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- Antietam National Battlefield's Civil War Day Camp